I hit the following error when trying to execute a composed request with Fiddler:
[Fiddler] The connection to ‘abc.com’ failed. System.Security.SecurityException Failed to negotiate HTTPS connection with server.fiddler.network.https> HTTPS handshake to abc.com (for #32) failed. System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. < The function requested is not supported
All that was required to fix it was to add tls 1.2:
I ran into the following error after adding model validation attributes to a database with existing values:
String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.
The solution is pretty straightforward if you’re happy to truncate the values. Simply run the query below, swapping Title for your column name, Products for your table name and 25 for your new column length:
SET Title =LEFT(Title,25)WHERE LEN(Title)>25
You should then be able to run update-database without any issues:
Specify the ‘-Verbose’ flag to view the SQL statements being applied to the target database.
Applying explicit migrations: [201806240741543_product_validation].
Applying explicit migration: 201806240741543_product_validation.
Running Seed method.
I ran into a bit of an issue today while trying to render multiple instances of a component on a single page. Each component had a file input that was bound with an onChange event. When triggered the onChange function referenced the first component placed on the page no matter which instance was clicked.
The issue ended up being that the id of the input fields coincidentally overlapped. This meant that there were multiple instances of the field on the page with the same id value. Ensuring that each one was unique resolved the issue.
Took a fair while to narrow this one down so hopefully it’ll be able to help someone else!
The solution is to add the May 2018 Windows Security Update on both the remote and local machines. If that’s not possible a registry entry can be added to the local machine to circumvent the issue. This can be done by running the following command in a command prompt as administrator:
The cause is actually because of a security update in windows. If either the remote or local machine has the update and the other does not the error is triggered. There’s more info available on the following page: https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap/issues/480