Just another Adaptive Payments SDK error I’ve run into.
Error Id: 560027
This type of fee payer x isn’t recognized by our system
This one is fairly self explanatory, valid values are as follows:
SENDER – Sender pays all fees (for personal, implicit simple/parallel payments; do not use for chained or unilateral payments)
PRIMARYRECEIVER – Primary receiver pays all fees (chained payments only)
EACHRECEIVER – Each receiver pays their own fee (default, personal and unilateral payments)
SECONDARYONLY – Secondary receivers pay all fees (use only for chained payments with one secondary receiver)
Just working on a small project that uses PayPal’s C# AdaptivePayments SDK. I hit an error while attempting to make the following payment:
var service = new AdaptivePaymentsService();
payResponse = service.Pay(payRequest);
“Cannot parse *.config file. Ensure you have configured the ‘paypal’ section correctly.”
It turns out that you need to add the following entries to your Web.config:
<!-- Under configuration > configSections. Add the following entry --><sectionname="paypal"type="PayPal.Manager.SDKConfigHandler, PayPalCoreSDK"requirePermission="false"></section><!-- Under configuration. Add the following entry and modify to suit your app --><paypal><settings><addname="endpoint"value="https://svcs.sandbox.paypal.com/"/><addname="AdaptivePayments"value="https://svcs.sandbox.paypal.com/"/><addname="connectionTimeout"value="360000"/><addname="requestRetries"value="3"/><addname="IPAddress"value="127.0.0.1"/><!-- May need to change this depending on your configuration --></settings><accounts><accountapiUsername="xxx"apiPassword="xxx"apiSignature="xxx"applicationId="APP-80W284485P519543T"/></accounts></paypal>
To get the account information you’ll need to do the following:
– Go to developer.paypal.com
– Login to your sandbox account
– Go to the dashboard
– Select accounts (from the list of all your sandbox accounts)
– Create a new one or select an existing business account
– Click profile
– Click API Credentials
Note that the steps required to get this configuration seem to change all the time. Hopefully this will be enough to get you on the right track.
I ran into the following error today while working with PayPal on a GoDaddy hosted server:
Request for ConfigurationPermission failed while attempting to access configuration section ‘paypal’. To allow all callers to access the data for this section, set section attribute ‘requirePermission’ equal ‘false’ in the configuration file where this section is declared.
To fix it, all you need to do is add the requirePermission attribute to the section declaration. Note that this is not where it says paypal but under the configsections heading.
<configSections><!-- here --><sectionname="paypal"type="PayPal.Manager.SDKConfigHandler, PayPalCoreSDK"requirePermission="false"></section></configSections>
For some reason the “My Selling Tools” option is now missing on my production account. Unfortunately the only way to get around this that I’ve come across is to access the required features directly. For example:
In order to verify that a pay response is legitimate, PayPal provides a unique token for each request. This token can then be matched against payment confirmation requests to ensure that they aren’t being spoofed. The problem I ran into was that even the legitimate IPNs I received did not contain a pay key.
It turns out that PayPal sends two different types of IPNs. The first is configured when making the API request. The second is configured in the PayPal account under “My Account > Profile > Instant PayPal Notification”.
The first type, includes the required PayKey, the second does not. Simply configure your profile details to point to another url and everything should work!
It looks like Google has removed the discussions search filter for some browsers (currently using Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76 m).
Hoping this is a bug and not another part of the “simplicity” trend they’re on at the moment.
Solution #1: Append &tbm paramter to url
A temporary fix is to add “&tbm=dsc” to the end of the search url. SilentEcho has added this script to automate it if you’re going to be using it a fair bit: http://userscripts.org/scripts/reviews/293082
Solution #2: Change Use Agent String
You can also use a user agent string of a browser that it still works for (I’ve heard Opera but haven’t verified).
Solution #3: Sign Out of Google Account
This didn’t work for me, however quite a few people are saying it does the job for them.